Saturday, February 21, 2009

:( Emoticon

I have to decide what to do this summer and it is REALLY stressful. Uber stressful. I have no idea. So I am stress eating like you wouldn't believe. Like I have gained an easy 5 pounds. And my hair is greasy. Gahh. Okay enough self pity. Now to catch up since Monday. Well I bought Titanic. That is pretty much the only good thing that happened. Except last night I went to the John Phillip Sousa concert (my roomate Sarah performed in it and did fabulously), then I went to comic frenzy, and we came home and had a poutine party. And I watched Kung Fu Panda and it is soooooo funny. Today I went on a date to my school's production of Burdens of Earth. The play was written by a professor at BYU and it is about Joseph Smiths time in Liberty Jail. I highly recommend seeing it if possible. Very thought provoking. Other than that I have been ridiculously lazy and stressed and baaaahhhhh. What else to say. You know what is crazy. Back in the Renaissance day puny little peasant no names and the random water gypsy would compose some motets. But....because they were so wimpy (socially speaking and also probably in stature) they would attribute their works to famous composers and then publish them. For example their is this motet called Milles Regretz and supposedly it was written by Josquin des Prez......but the work was discovered like 50 years after he was dead. So historians were like dude Jo died 50 years ago this can't be his song, but there is no way to prove it so his name stays on it and the wimpy limp leg is up in heaven laughing, saying bah hah now my song is famous. Poor Josquin, what if the motet railed hard core. Stinks for him. He would get blamed for a royally bad song. How unfortunate. Okay well just ponder that for a bit. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tuckie, you shouldn't stress eat. I know, I know, easy to say but killer hard to do. There's a good chance Dad's friend will help with the job thing. Just enjoy your schooling & the rest will work out. Promise! I didn't know that about wimpy gimps. Bummer for the famous people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stressing is the pits. jeff tells me to stop and it doesn't work with me either. i forget to eat so my stomach hurts and i have no energy and i get nightmares. i'm sorry, hun.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!