Saturday, February 7, 2009

Muttin' Bustin'

I'll muttin' bust you if you don't watch it. So tonight we had our spirit week rodeo. For a part of it they had the wee little kinsfolk of the schools teachers and staff come and do muttin' bustin', where instead of steer riding, they ride sheep. These kids were little though. I'm talking ages 4-7. What were their parents thinking? They could have been killed. Bucked and Baaaaa'ed upon. Sad sad. Overall the rodeo was pretty bomb. OHhhh, and I got my passport in the mail today so now I can legally go to Canada next weekend. Shwing. Right now I am eating beans. On Thursday we had Opera Scenes and we staged part of the scene, mostly just the recits. So Don Giovanni at this point has convinced me to go away with him and betray my soon to be husband. At the end of our duet "La ci Darem la Mano" he has to kiss me. It's awkward enough because he is married and also because he looks like he could be my father, I am so dweebishly small beside him. Anyway on Thursday he wasn't prepared with his music. Nothing was learned, so Kris (a women and our director and wife of Norman and world renowned Opera Diva) stepped in for him. So now I am being seduced by a women. Weird. And we get to the kiss part and she is actually going in for it. So when my teachers face is literally a centimeter away from mine I am thinking oh my heck what the crap my teacher (a women) is about to kiss me. How odd. Most surreal sensation of my life. In the end she just kissed me on the cheek.....very close to my mouth......and no this isn't harrassment....this is just Kris Ciezinski doing what she does best, which is being herself and awkward. Now tomorrow morning we get to stage the rest of the scene and review the last one. Joy. How terribly exciting. Now I must bid adieu. For my bed time has come and gone. Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. I'm diggin the whole teacher/awkward situation now. Oh my goodness! It makes for great reading! Are you sure you aren't supposed to be a musician AND a writer? You have mad skills with comedic writing! Mark says you remind him of Patrick McManus. To me you are like Irma Bombeck (google her!) She writes like Auntie Jodi & her sister, Julie! They all see the hilarious in everyday life! How are the SPK's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha!! Emily you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!