Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bacon

Bacon oh bacon how I love you. How I love to smell you and eat you and savor your taste. But alas I cannot because I don't have any. Crap. So I have a lot to catch up on. Thursday was sick. I had a dictation test for ear training, which I think went okay. It was so long ago I can't remember what else I did. OH I had Opera scenes. That went well. Man I know Thursday was busy but I have no idea what else I did. Wait. Yes I do. I know what I did. I went to forum at 2 and I had a workshop for work at 4:30 and then after Op Shop I practiced with my accompanist. Then I practiced with my Broadway Revue group. Then I had to meet with my theory group to get our presentation on Debussy ready. Friday I was supposed to have my theory presentation but we ran out of time. I hate that. It is awful to be ready and then not able to go. And I had my lesson with Norman and bless his little South African heart. He tried to teach me how to trill even though he has never trilled before because he is a Wagner tenor. Moving on. It was hilarious though. He was doing a terrible job explaining trills. Friday night I had Broadway Revue. I sand like crapo but the rest of my group did great. Truely though I was like honky mcgee. My voice was trippin out. That night Rachel and Laurel and I went to the Backyard Grill and I got a Barbeque Swiss Chicken Burger. My mouth died from pure bliss. Rachel and I went back to the Snow and studied for our Music Lit test. Sleep. Saturday. Rachel and I got up early because we planned on going to the temple. Turns out I haven't moved my car since it started snowing. There was big blocks of ice behind the tires and needless to say we were stuck. Haha Rachel had to push the front of my car in her skirt. She's such a stud. Once we were unstuck we drove to the temple just to find out there was already a two hour wait for baptisms at 8:30 AM. So we left and went to the snow to study for our Lit test.. . . . . . and we studied our butts off and were all set to take the test online and when we logged onto I-learn the test folder was empty. I facebooked my teacher and told him he needed to put up the test like right then. And he did! I started the test it was going fine then I realized I had to go meet Kris Ciezinski (Normans wife) to pick out my rep. I left my computer open saved all the answers I had done and went upstairs to her office. I ended up staying for an entire lesson and she actually taught me to do trills because I told her that Norman was failing miserably. Cool experience. When we finished I went downstairs and my computer deleted all my short answers. So I had to completely start over my test and when I finished it like 5 hours later and pushed submit it said system error contact your system administrator. GGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAHHHHHH! My entire test didn't submit. So gay. Now I'm mad. Basically I spent from 9:30 AM to 7:30 in the Snow working on that dang test and nothing good came from it. But at 7:30 I went to the Vocal Point concert with Rachel and we had reserved seats but when we got there some really old couple was in our seats and we obviously couldn't kick them out so we scoped out different seats and lo and behold there were 2 in the very middle in the the very front row. Lucky. The concert was brilliant. Afterward we went back to Rachel's house and ate a ridiculous amount of ice cream. I came home I slept I woke up today at 11:00. Went to church at 1:30 and that was that. Now I am doing this. Cool beans. And now I have nothing to say. So I will post the link to the Broadway Revue video and call it good. Namaste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kci1p9O5jRo

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your schedule is exhausting! You should have told me that you posted a message this afternoon--that would have helped me understand what has been going on this last week. That is sickening about your lit test. When do you retake it? That was funny reading about Norman trying to teach you to trill. I thought he was from England! Is he really from South Africa? Love you sweetie--hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like our schedules combined, which since we drive together, ends up being one schedule that we both have. yesterday we got to school at 8 am and left at 11:30.
    on the other hand, a straw pole of people in our apartment showed that the public holds you as a fantastic singer. good job on the broadway review.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!