Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Holy Free McNuggets!

What a day! It was busy busy busy. I had class from 7:45 to 4:15. Then Erin and I ran over to this ghetto Mexican restaurant and ate some chips and salsa. Usually at this restaurant the chips and salsa are free, like that heaven sent bread form outback. But, since the chips and salsa were all we wanted they made us pay 3.17. Blasted food industry. Anyway, we ate then came back to school to have Ear Training practice. Then my barbershop quartet practiced until 6:30, when it was time to go meet with our clinician. We lucked out big time. Our aid was the same as last year. This lady (insert whatever name you want because frankly I don't know her's) conducts her own barbershop choir in Salt Lake and last winter she paid special attention to our quartet and helped us out a ton. When we walked in the room and she saw us she gave us all big hugs;it was precious really. Just brilliant. After rehearsal the four of us went to DI to get costumes for the performance this Friday. The sweaters we found are freaking intense. I'll put pictures up later. Hah, actually Kimber's sweater was super static and her scarf started doing crazy stuff. It was so charged that it was moving all over the place on its own and in the excitement of it all I told Laurel to pull out her phone and start recording the whole ordeal for our future posterity when the manager came over and said, "Do you want to put away your camera? We don't allow pictures in here." What!? Crotchity people. We were having innocent scarf fun. Well we left that place and went to McDonalds. This is where the night gets really good. Turns out McDonalds has a text list. Whoever is on the list gets random text messages every once in awhile that say stuff like if you show this text at the counter you'll get a Big Mac for free if you buy another burger. So on and so forth. Well, today Laurel tells us she is on the list and she got a message today that said show this message an you'll get a FREE 6 PIECE McNUGGETS!!!!!!!!!! Fetch! Oh my heck we were all over that. She forwarded the message to all of us and we all got free nuggets. i personally ordered the 99cent ice cream sundae and they puts lots of fudge on it. Finally we ended our night at the dollar store where we all purchased glasses to complete our look for the Barbershop festival. All in all it has been a very good day. I have the best friends ever really. (Those are the new specs. Super high quality eh Daisey. Look familiar?)

2 comments:

  1. Aha! Those are the glasses! They are actually not quite Daisy-ish but more nerdy-ish. But I like them! No fair that you look cute in those & I just looked dorky. Love you, The true flower child! Make sure you post your barbershop # on YouTube so I can adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's lame that they wouldn't let you record the scarf. you should see if you can reenact it someplace photo-friendly. and i'm excited for the pictures of the DI scarves. rock on.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!