Saturday, September 19, 2009

lets talk about .....dates babay, lets talk about you and me.

Ahhh dating. Youths most cherished and at the same time most hated pastime. I myself am not much of a dating advocate. Sure i understand the importance of it and yadda yadda, but still, I just don't enjoy it all that much. Friday night I went to this gig for a group called Nashville Tribute. They are a country group that has made a bunch of "tributes, " who would've thunk, for the prophet Joseph, missionaries, and the pioneers. Now pardon me but, these Mormon tributes can walk the cliff of being dare I say it, corny. Most actually take the plunge. Needless to say, i was very wary going into this concert, thinking I would die a slow painful hand clappin' arm wavin' praisin' above glory glory halleujah death. However. . . drumroll please....I really liked it. It was very well put together, great message, very mormon don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel like I was on one of those Christian revival gospel CD infomericials. I was on a date though. And i must say something here. never, I repeat never take a music major to a musical production if yourself are not a music major, or have a problem keeping your piggy little mouth shut. When i am at a concert I want to listen. Not be talked at. Remember that all. Do a service to yourself and remember that. After the tribute we went back to his house and me and him and his roomate and his date made cinnamon rolls from pillsbury biscuits. The best aprt of this was the popping of the biscuit can. There really is not much more satisfying than popping open a biscuit can. prove me wrong. i dare you. Baking, Eating, unimportant and stupid banter, then home finally. then i went to my summer house and stayed until threein the morning. meaning i slept until 11 today! hazzah! Then I had a date this afternoon with one of my old neighbors from the summer. When he picked me up I literally knew nothing about what we were going to do. And to be honest i was a litte creeped out by that. Anyway he picked me up and told me that we were having the ultimate musical date. Starting with a fiddler on the roof, on the roof lunch. We literally climbed up onto hios roof and he had a whole lunch spread. like chiken parmasgene ( I spelled that wrong.) and pasta and a salad with sauteed mushrooms. yum. And martenelli's of course. Ok so that was cool. And then we dressed up like newsies. he had the shirts and the vests and the hats and all that. And we had newspapers. And we went to his neighbors house and delievered the paper to him. Then he gave us twenty smackers. Then we went to this park by the water tower up y the temple and our friend jon Diaz was waiting there on a blanket with jambe juice. I guess jon went to massage school for a time. So he taught my date how to give proper hand and feet massages. Jon left, and my date gave me a hand and foot massage. Poor boy had to touch my pedi. Then he dropped me off at home and when i got there, there was a single flower waiting with a note that said..for an award winning date. Thats the short of it. But pretty good eh.
So here is what I learned today. my friday night date I was excited for and my date today i was dreading. I was thrown for a loop when my friday date was a dudly dursley, and my date today was a gem. now, i will probably not go on dates with eiother of them again, but still. It proves to me that you should always say yes once to a person who asks you out. You never know how much fun it could be. Then you never have to say yes again. Good moral right. Shwing shwing.

2 comments:

  1. That was a stinkin' good post. Even if you didn't like the second guy, you have to give him major kudos for pulling out ALL the stops! He was on a mssion and that was to make you swoon!!! Like Wendy Pfefferkorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run away, run away! You're going on a mission! Don't they know that they are just wasting their time (not your time, but their time) You ain't got nuttin' better to do right now anyway than watch silly boys try to swoon you away from your appointed rounds with the Lord, and then blog about their fruitless endeavors...oh and write papers and get your wisdom teeth pulled (wait until after finals). So, keep us informed about their antics and we will pity them appropriately. Oh, and one more thing...if you enlarge the picture of your feet, you can see up your dress in the reflection on the wet ground.

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!