Friday, May 7, 2010

The Wedding Dress

I realize that it is unpractical to look online for wedding dresses. What looks good on a digitally enhanced model or on a hanger will probably look like crap on me. Still, I looked. This was my experience:


This little gem is called "The Emily." Hmmmm. I seriously hope this is not what people think of when they think of Emily in a wedding dress. She looks like a awkward fish in that pose.


The next three look like they should be on awkward family photos.com. They are either sisters getting married on the same day or we're celebrating a bonafide California marriage.





Whaaatt??! Don't worry Hugh, I'm not interested.


....and finally. I don't plan on looking like I'm going to kill Hugh on the day we get married. Also, I plan to wash my hair so it doesn't look like this.



Moral of the story. Go to the actual store to find a wedding dress, but if you are in need of a good laugh type modest wedding dresses into Google search and have at it. (and I have no idea what I want my dress to look like. suggestions?)

6 comments:

  1. That was your funniest blog yet! That was
    h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha that was great. i wish i were in rexburg to do this with you!!!! remember the days of running laptops around the house, showing everyone the ridiculous photos of peekaboo wedding poses? well i do. and i hope some of that went on while you were wedding dress shopping online. imma have to find that picture of lindsey u. and her friend again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to Circle of Love - that's where i found my dress... it was the first one I tried on (actually Elise picked it out for me - just like she picked out my man).

    Good luck!
    Love,
    ~ Katelynd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you asked for suggestions so I am giving them.

    I would go to some huge store like David's Bridal or something and try on a dress in every silhouette you can find just so you know what shape looks good on you.

    Don't be afraid to try on dresses you don't think will look good... I went dress shopping with his two sisters, and I swore to them that I would not look good in a sheath silhouette. So one of his sisters pulled a fairly straight dress off the rack... it was actually a trumpet silhouette and looked fabulous! I ended up buying it. Oh man, it was hot.

    I think the trumpet silhouette (it's the same as the first picture you posted) is actually pretty flattering for most people.

    I would advise NOT getting anything from Allyse's, only because they are cheap quality and overpriced, and everyone else gets them.

    Oh yeah... and BE CAREFUL if you get a strapless dress and then have them put a "temple fill" on it... most of them are fugly. Check out wearing a bolero jacket instead.

    Okay, I'm done.

    You are totally hot and I can't wait to see you as a bride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy's dress was beautiful. We had it made at a nearby shop. It cost about the same as a regular wedding dress off the rack, and fit wonderfully.
    And purchase a dress that you can wear to the temple. :) I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in whatever you decide to wear...

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!