Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lately

The past two months were very busy, here's a quick rundown.

1) Hugh got a job!!! He accepted a job as an accountant at Wilkinson Hadley King & Co., LLP in El Cajon, CA. We had been job searching and interviewing for, what seemed like, a long time and with no luck. After being frustrated about not hearing back from anyone for a sufficient amount of time this company in El Cajon contacted Hugh. It wasn't completely out of the blue, this is the same company where Hugh interned last year, but we hadn't applied to work for them full time. Turns out they love Hugh (we already knew this, but I guess not to the exact degree) and want him back for good. We'll be moving down there next week. Here's to Hugh, for giving unemployment a swift kick :)

2) We found an apartment! El Cajon is not the best of cities, in fact it is pretty ghetto, but we found a place nonetheless. Initally we were looking for a place in the surrounding cities which are much more family friendly, but because we only have one car and I'll be driving Hugh to and from work everyday we settled on a gated complex in El Cajon. Plus, because the apartment is in somewhat seedy El Cajon it's super cheap! Yeah for saving money. On the 30th we'll be moving. 


3) For those who didn't know I was our ward's young women's camp director. On June 9th we had our fundraiser. Woof. Planning and putting on a fundraiser is no joke. Seriously. So much work. For a good two days after the event I was exhausted. The fundraiser was carnival themed. We did a BBQ dinner, silent and live auction, games (like a ring toss, duck pond, etc), face painting, and caricatures. There is a guy in our ward who is a story artist for Dreamworks and he so graciously did the caricatures, which were AWESOME. Overall the fundraiser was a huge success and looking back I am glad I got to be a part of it. The only regret I have is that no pictures were taken! What a bummer!

4) We saw Avengers in the theaters.....twice. Both times were great. Hugh and I are big fans of that movie tell you what.

5) Carla ordered and received four new chicks!! The company that she went through ships the chicks the day they hatch, Monday, and we received them Tuesday. Unfortunately one of them died the second day we had them, but the other three are alive and happy as can be. They grow so fast, it's mind boggling.

6) We had fun and did cool stuff. Here's some pictures.

At the casting pond with the family catching tadpoles.  


A couple weeks later we went back and Tadah! Frogs.

Henry dude
Henry is SO good at saying Hughs and my name. Love that boy!
Ella dancing at Judy's ward fundraiser

Sophie is a pro at crossing her eyes. And making string cheese mustaches.
Galco's is a local soda shop that only sells glass bottled pop. Hugh and I frequent it now thanks to Elliott :)
Judy and Ella REALLY like Big Hunks...or candy? Both?
This was Ella's "Roger"
For Mothers Day Lyle made cinnamon rolls (from scratch) for Carla. Even though Lyle doesn't think Mother's Day is an occasion to celebrate "future" mother's Hugh thought it was appropriate to serve me a roll on a platter.
She LOVES boxes

Slowly but surely they are starting to tolerate each other
The Easter Egger on day 1

Day 1: Far left is the Rhode Island Red that we lost, 2nd left is the Silver Maran, then the Red Partridge, and the Easter Egger

The Silver Maran likes to sleep with her legs out sometimes. Usually it looks like she's dead.

Sometimes Pearl gets really curious about the chicks and stares at them through this little hole in the box. Usually she's just terrified by them though.
First trip outside

Sleeping again





Easter Egger at about 3 1/2 weeks. Emily Phan is holding her. I'm sad her cute stripes are gone :(

From left to right: Easter Egger, Silver Maran, Red Partridge

See that M&M at the bottom. See Pearl with her tongue out. She wants it real bad.


I got bangs. The jury is still out on whether I like them or not.


Alright. Wells that's all for now! Lots of love.

4 comments:

  1. The jury has reached a verdict. Your bangs are HHHHet. Seriously HHHHet. This was an awesome post! Glad to hear your fundraiser went so well... does the fact that you're moving mean you're going to have to skip out on the actual Girl's Camp? If so, major bummer! I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bangs! And I love that Hugh served you your cinnamon roll on a platter. Totally worth it for Henry's favorite aunt. If only you knew how often we still hear, "EmilyHughGaga" (Translation: Emily and Hugh's truck!"
    :-) Love you guys. Congrats to Hughmeister on the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your updates are awesome! love all the pictures. we are so excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Use your words!