When I went to the station the woman behind the desk pulled up my ticket and said "you're going to have to pay the ticket, this is clearly a yellow curb." Right. So I asked to see the picture the officer had taken and she brought me back behind her office to take a look. The picture was no better than mine. I told her this curb is not maintained at all and I shouldn't have to pay this ticket. Then she goes on to tell me that the curb will be painted soon. Really? Because in the past four years that I have lived here that curb has ALWAYS looked that way, and people park there all the time. Painted soon my foot. I wish I could tell you that I wan't paying the ticket, but I have to and I'm not happy about it. However, I did write a letter to the city saying that if they want people to pay their tickets they need to maintain their curbs, and that it is completely ridiculous that I recieved a ticket for parking where I did.


I'd check to see about an appeal. Generally one can appeal a ticket before a judge, even if you've already paid.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely appeal. The family's behind you 150%, Emily!!
...and ANOTHER thing.:) Having the curb painted soon just implies that the yellow isn't showing well. Another point for your side.
ReplyDeleteYou might also check around to see how many other drivers have received parking tickets in that spot.
amen sista!!
ReplyDeleteI concur w/ what your MIL said!
ReplyDeletesorry about the ticket. that curb probably hasn't been painted since i was at ricks. lame.
ReplyDeleteoh, BOO! I HATE HATE HATE stupid parking tickets. When I first got back from my mission, I registered my new car to park on BYU campus. That week I got a call from the parking office saying I had an unpaid parking ticket. Right... on the car I'd owned a week. I went to contest it and it turns out the ticket must have been charged to the previous owner (they'd recorded the VIN number) because it was from a MONTH AND A HALF BEFORE. I was on my dang mission at that time. I couldn't do anything until I paid the dang ticket AND IT WASN'T EVEN MINE! I explained everything and showed them the title and they STILL made me pay it. Woof.
ReplyDeleteSTICK IT TO THE MAN. DON'T PAY DON'T PAY!
ReplyDeleteEmily - I was just catching up on your blog and thought that I would chime in on the parking ticket - not fun! I would have been frurious if that happened to me, but I am sure you were a bit calmer than I would have been! ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope you are well!
~ Katelynd
(yes I would have been "furious" :) )
ReplyDelete