In response to my previous post....... no mom Brady Bunch is not much better. Your hardy har har on the other hand left me on the edge of my seat.
No, no the Brady Bunch does not have the best theme song and you know why? Because, the Brady Bunch theme song doesn't make you want to get up and slap somebody in the face. The Brady Bunch theme song makes you want to slap yourself in the face for being so lame and actually watching the show. The Knight Rider theme song not only inspires one to combat the evils of the world, but also pushes one in a more socially accepted direction. I mean come on. When David Hasselhoff saunters onto the screen during the Knight Rider theme song, wearing leather, and faded jeans, and gets into THE car (which has a name, which makes it cool), how can you not instantly become a cooler person? Now, when Marsha Brady flops her way into the theme song for her special show, wearing grossly unfortunate paisley and powder lipstick? I personally feel like trash. Thinking why, why, whhhhhy do I sit here and put up with this?
Have I made my point? Hasselhoff: 2 points (1 for good hair...obviously) Brady: 0
To make sense of my title now. I was reading this morning about the top 10 influential TV shows of the 20th century. As far as I could tell there was no particular order in which the shows were listed, like from most influential to the least. Anyway, one of the shows listed was this gem called Homicide: Life on the Streets. Hmmmmmmm. One of the most influential (not necessarily one of the popular mind you) television shows in our American country was called Homicide: Life in the Streets. I wonder how it was influential? Chew on that for a bit.
Okay, I give on the Brady Bunch. How about Gilligan's Isle--now that's a catchy tune! And did the Professor & MaryAnn ever get together? Now that's drama!
ReplyDelete