Sunday, March 28, 2010
Avocado
..Is the name of our new house pet. A beta fish. My dear Wallace died last semester, but now we have Avocado to fill the void. He's beautiful and I love him. Moving on. I got accepted into the "Si Parla, Si canta" Opera program in Italy this summer. So I'm going. I'm going broke, but I'm going. It is going to be an amazing experience though and I'm looking forward to everything I am going to learn. I have to be there by May 29, but I'm not sure yet what day I am actually leaving the country. Anyway, this program only accepts 30 vocalists world wide and 5 pianists. Everyday we have Italian classes from 8 to 12 and then the rest of the day we have private voice lessons, master classes, and rehearsals. At the end of the program we put on two big Opera performances. One in this ridiculously beautiful baroque cathedral which they made into a theater and another in an outdoor piazza in Rossini's birth town. Sooooo yep. I'm stoked. If you have any money that you want to donate to my cause I will be more than happy to take it. If I had money to buy ingredients to make you cookies. . . . probably would. Ciao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You always did pick out the best names; although Frank was a bit weird--the name, not the dog. Way excited about Italy! Ciao bella!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOOD CRAP WHY HAVEN'T YOU CALLED ME ABOUT THIS?! This is the most amazing news I've heard in a while :) Soooo... I may or may not still be looking for that book. I was pretty sure I had it somewhere, but I'm still looking. OH... and I want to go to Italy. This will be your SECOND time, and I'm jealous. Plus, I can't sing. But I LOVE YOU! See you in a few weeks...
ReplyDeleteEM!! Oh my holy rusted metal batman! That is soooo cool! I am so excited for you! Maybe there will be a video I can watch after I get home. I miss you so much. I'm really sad I missed out on all of your stuff this semester. But you will be amazing in Italy!
ReplyDelete<3 nyssa
Congratulations, Miss Emily. And by the way, Uncle John and I loved your Mo Tab performance. We recorded it and have watched it several times. We keep saying, "You hear that high note? That's Tucker!"
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna go ahead and say that you're the only one who calls it avocado! avocado is a name for something that is fat. but naturally fat. NAPOLEON BONAPARTE on the other hand, is the name for a leader. a natural leader. which our beta is. so just so you know, i call him napoleon.
ReplyDeleteITALY! i've lost you forever!