Thursday, October 29, 2009
Depression
Today I was asked by my teacher to travel to New York and do the Met auditions. For those who don't know that is not only a huge compliment, especially coming from my teacher, but also an opportunity that doesn't come around that often. These auditions are held once a year and are extremmmmely prestigious. When she told me I was literally speechless. I had no idea what to say. Needless to write I've been beyond happy all day and excited and nervous and everything far and between. I mean she was already talking about setting up saturday rehearsals starting this saturday and changing around our whole game plan for this semester. This is a big deal guys. So tonight I am working in the piano lab and I decide that I should probably get online and do some research on the audition and the application process. To my upmost dissapointment I was informed by the website that I miss the birth date cut off by a little over 4 months. You had to have been born before July 14th 1989. Even though this chance to go was only given today I am not taking it very well. I was looking forward to this auditon more than anything. It could have done wonders for me. More than I think you can understand. Anyway I'm really sad about it. Now I have to wait three maybe four years for another shot. Thats a long time. I can only hope that I will be asked to go again. Sorry for the dramaloge, but thats how I feel right now. Super duper depressed and squashed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry, sweetie. D&C 101:16--This one has gotten me through some tough times and has given me courage.
ReplyDeleteLittle One, I know how much this meant to you, I heard it in your voice yesterday after Kris talked to you. I love Aunt Terri's scripture. There was something that gave me great comfort when I was worried about leaving my fairly new nursing career behind for 18 months. I thought I would lose all the knowledge I had recently acquired and I wouldn't be competitive when I got back. I came to know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and that He will bless you beyond anything your mind can conceive. You will not be "hurt" by having to wait for several years if you are doing what He wants you to do. I know this to be true.
ReplyDeleteYou are AMAZING... just think how much better prepared you'll be after serving a mission and possibly learning one of those beautiful languages FLUENTLY! Besides, don't you worry... there are a ZILLION opportunities to perform and practice your singing on a mission. People LOVE it. In a couple years you're just going to be even better than you've ever been before. =)
ReplyDelete